Monday, March 7, 2011

Getting ready for Alaska

Three days and counting- I still cannot believe I am actually going to leave for Alaska. I am so nervous but so excited. There is still so much to do. I still have half a house to pack up and take Annie (my yorkie) and Prissy (my cat) to their grandparents for babysitting. I miss my Colby-boy already and I still hate that I cannot bring them with me but thankfully it is only temporary.

So here is the itinerary for the plane flight on Friday. My fiancĂ©, Matthew, and I will be taken to the airport by Cathy and Ted (his parents) and we will fly out of Greensboro at 0600 and arrive at 0705. After about an hour layover, we will fly out at 0815 and arrive in Seattle at 1045. Now here is where it gets interesting. We’ll hang out in Seattle for approximately two hours and fifteen minutes, switch from United to Alaskan Airlines, and fly out at 1300 and finally arriving in Anchorage at 1545. We are looking at approximately nine and a half hours in the air. Tyler, my coordinator, was apologetic for so many stops but I am glad for the break in flying monotony.

Once we pick up our rental car we’ll begin the two-hour drive to Soldotna (for those interested, here is a link to the city’s website:
http://visitsoldotna.com/chamber/). We’re staying in a one-bed, one-bath apartment at the Marydale Manor apartment complex. I will be starting at Central Peninsula Hospital on Monday the 14th. I am SO excited!

I think our first pit-stop will be to Wal-Mart for food, necessities, and, most importantly, fishing poles (and licenses). I am SO hoping I will be able to catch enough fish for a few yummy dinners! So wish me luck everyone and I’ll have pictures up and running as they come!

No comments:

Post a Comment