Friday, March 18, 2011

Work Update



Hello from Alaska!

It's been a few days since my last post so I thought I would update everyone on what's been going on up here.

I'm in the midst of four days in a row. I just started at Central Peninsula Hospital. It's a quaint hospital and a fun place to work. Granted they do a lot of things different from Baptist hospital but it it's a breath of fresh air. It's a very generous hospital that seem to take very good care of its employees. I was very excited to perform EKGs and work in a labor and delivery unit. Kevin, my preceptor, is very smart and fun to work with. He reminds me a lot of two guys I worked with a lot which makes me more comfortable. Paul, my supervisor is quiet but very nice and VERY efficient. The nurses are a lot of fun to talk with and to listen to their experiences I think I'm going to really enjoy myself here. I REALLY hope they want to extend my contract!

Matthew and I went out to St. Eliase's Brewing Company to celebrate St. Patrick's Day. I splurged and got myself a green beer to celebrate. It was good but I couldn't finish it (I guess I was paranoid about feeling bed at work on Friday) so Matthew got a beer and a half, lol. We ate pizza and drank our beers all while being serenaded by a local gentleman singing irish and country songs. It was AWESOME! Unfortunately I missed the local parade Thursday after noon because I had to work but Matthew went and took pictures (pics to come when I have more time to upload them).

(I got to have a green beer in honor of St. Patricks Day!)



After work tonight Matthew and I went to the Caribou Family Restaurant where we each had our first taste of Caribou cheeseburgers. WOW, it was good, like a very refined version of beef which tasted SO much better! Plus the restaurant was so cute with a very woodsy motif, similar to a local high class restaurant. It was so nice to sit and relax after a busy day!

And finally, we had our forth moose siting! He was lumbering along the front lawn of the public library...and he was HUGE! Probably the closest we've gotten to a moose yet. I wish I had had my camera. Plus the full moon and clear sky tonight is beautiful after such a dreary snowy last couple of days!

No comments:

Post a Comment