Sunday, March 27, 2011

Our relaxing week.

So Matthew and I decided (or maybe I decided for us both, lol) that we would spend the this week just relaxing and soaking in the (rather cloudy and snowy) days of the week so We've just been laying low, knitting, watching tv and just general lazing about. This past thursday we were invited to have dinner our new friends', Hal and Susie Smalley, house for a wonderful spaghetti dinner. We met the Smalleys at the local methodist church we've been attending. Soldotna United Methodist Church is a small church but the people are very nice and they incorperate a new-age style service which is a lot of fun. The preacher this past Sunday, Richard, was VERY good and we really enjoyed the message. It's comforting to have a familiar base snce we cannot attend East Bend UMC right now (we miss you Cathy and Ted, and, of course, My family too!). So now I'm here at work and enjoying a quiet moment because the you-know-what could hit the fan at any moment. Yesterday we had a Code Blue (CPR in progress) hit the ER at 6:30 and I didn't leave the hoaspital to 9:30pm. It was so crazy and I couldn't get to bed fast enough. So I"m praying the night is calm, if even steady, so that I can get through my first night alone relitively unscathed. We were invited out to lunch by Peggy and John Dodd, some more new friends we met at church. They moved up here a year ago from Arkansas so it was fun to talk with some poepl from "our neck of the woods." They took us to this little sandwich shop within a book store and, let me tell you, those sandwiches were delicious! Plus we tried some of the best chocolate turtle cake I've ever had. It was so relaxing to sit and talk about touring to reenacting (they've been to Gettysburg and some western theatre events as spectator---Matthew, correct me if I'm wrong---and John's son even worked as a powder monkey at one event! so cool to find some kindred pirits up here!). Tonight I decided to cook a down-home favorite and made Piccadio for dinner. It wasn't as good as my dad's version but it did the trick. I think I forgot an ingrediant or two but I had the Adobo and thats what counts. If anyone has ever made piccadio, try the adobo with the cumin with it. SOOOO good...gave it a real kick without being over-bearing. My schedule for the wee is as follows: Monday- off Tuesday- 12 hr day Wednesday- off Thursday- 12 hr day Friday- off Saturday-off Sunday- 12 hr nights I'm hoping Matthew and I can go up to Seward to check things out up there. I understand we may be able to see the Kenai Fjords up there so hopefully I will have some really cool pics to share. Plus I am hoping to scope up some possible charter boats so Matthew and I can go Halibut fishing. I'm not 100% I don't want to go with Homer because I think they have charters that offer fishing/ whale watching tours. The Humpback whales and orcas SHOULD be returning up here as the waters get warmer. I would LOVE to see some whales while I'm up here. No word on whether my contract will get extended up here. I probably won'ty know till last april early may but I'll keep everyone updated. Love ya'll!

No comments:

Post a Comment